But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. — Isaiah 40:31
This is my friend, Peter Bamidele Abyoie who lives in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria. Yesterday he received an Audio Device that we sent him called the Proclaimer, compliments of Faith Comes By Hearing.
The Proclaimer is a digital player preloaded with an Audio Bible recording (usually a New Testament) for the one purpose of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to the nations. This amazing tool was developed as a playback device for poor and illiterate people lacking the resources to receive God's Word. With them in mind, it was developed with many features:
• It is practically indestructible.
• The installed microchip will not erase or wear out from frequent playing.
• The battery can be charged through both the built-in solar panel and hand crank, or via an included AC adapter, and will play for 15 hours. It can be recharged enough times to play the entire New Testament more than 1,000 times.
• The solar panel, in addition to charging the battery, will run the Proclaimer even without battery power as long as there is sunlight.
• It contains a specially engineered speaker system that allows groups as large as 300 to hear God's Word anytime, anywhere.
Peter will be taking the Proclaimer into the many villages represented by these precious little children and their families that surround Akure. This Proclaimer is loaded with four languages: English, Yoruba, Urhobo and Hausa. Many who cannot read or write will hear the New Testament for the first time ever in their own language.
Thank you, Peter, and for the support of your Pastor Joseph Adeyemi Akintunde and the people at Estate Baptist Church for your prayers. And thank you dear saints and friends here who offered up many prayers, as well. Let's all Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Maranatha!