But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? — Romans 10:14
This is my friend (2nd photo), Peter Bamidele Abyoie, a young evangelist who lives in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria. Last week he received an Audio Device called the Proclaimer from Nuggets of Truth, donated by Faith Comes By Hearing. The Proclaimer is loaded with four languages, and he will now be able to present, in audio format, the whole New Testament to those in hundreds of villages in his area who cannot read or write. Many will hear the Bible for the very first time.
The Proclaimer is a digital player preloaded with an Audio Bible recording (usually the New Testament) for the one purpose of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to the nations. This amazing tool was developed as a playback device for poor and illiterate people lacking the resources to receive God's Word. With them in mind, it was developed with many features:
• It is practically indestructible.
• The installed microchip will not erase or wear out from frequent playing.
• The battery can be charged through both the built-in solar panel and hand crank, or via an included AC adapter, and will play for 15 hours. It can be recharged enough times to play the entire New Testament more than 1,000 times.
• The solar panel, in addition to charging the battery, will run the Proclaimer even without battery power as long as there is sunlight.
• It contains a specially engineered speaker system that allows groups as large as 300 to hear God's Word anytime, anywhere.
We have just ordered a second Proclaimer to be sent to Olaibi Sunday Christopher, another trusted evangelist in southwest Nigeria, who will use it to reach the kids in surrounding villages through his ministry with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).
Thank you for joining us in prayer for these audio devices to reach into the rural areas of Nigeria and more to be sent in the future.
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
— Isaiah 55:11